Austrailers Queensland offer tandem trailers in all our trailer categories. When compared to a single-axle trailer, a tandem-axle trailer travels down the road in a straight line more easily. Tandem-axle trailers absorb more shock, so they bounce less, which keeps your cargo more secure. The second axle also makes the trailer more stable, durable and strong.
Tandem trailers are designed to be able to carry a larger ATM. The ATM capacities are 2 Tonne, 2.8 Tonne and 3.5 Tonne. They are typically used in box trailers, tipping trailers, lawn mowing trailers, tradesman trailers and car trailers for this reason.
Our tandem trailers are built with high quality material and workmanship and are durable. You can see more tandem trailers under our other trailer categories.
As a standard feature we build our tandem trailers with the following features:
- Zinc anneal side panels which is an extra protection for corrosion. If you wish you also have the option of zinc anneal floor instead of checker plate floor
- Checker plate floor and checker plate guards or zinc anneal floor and zinc anneal guards
- Checker plate gussets on the guards or zinc anneal gussets
- Tie rails on all 4 sides
- Full shs box chassis rails & cross members
- Extended 3-way drawbar which are extended right back to the spring hangers not just 400mm or 500mm under the box
- Solid square axles with mechanical override disk brakes
- 7 leaf springs
- LED lights
- Brand new sun raiser wheels and brand new light truck tyres
- 7pin connection
Austrailers Queensland provide you with the reliability, safety and integrity you would expect from an Australian made product and we stand behind our products by offering warranties on all new trailers and a guarantee of customer satisfaction.
Common sizes for our tandem trailers are:
|Car Trailer Type|
|12 ft (approx 3600mm)|
|13 ft (approx 3900mm)|
|14 ft (approx 4200mm)|
|15ft (approx 4500mm)|
|16ft (approx 4800mm)|